PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/G/02
On behalf of the, Tea Board of Tanzania (TBT), the Public Service Recruitment
Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 1 vacant post in the above public
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i.All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having
reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should
route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100
S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.
DAR ES SALAAM.
1.0 TEA BOARD OF TANZANIA (TBT)
Tea Board of Tanzania (TBT) is a Regulatory Board established under section 3 of the
Tea Act of 1997. TBT has a legal mandate to regulate and supervise the Tea Industry
PRINCIPAL PLANNING AND PROMOTION OFFICER – 1 POST
1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensuring that both national and international data (green leaf production, tea
production, distribution export/import) on the tea industry and information is
collected, compiled and disseminated to stakeholders.
· Organizing periodic research/surveys in the major market areas in the country to
access tea market trends supply and demand thereof.
· Supervising planned surveys to validate collected data/information.
· Monitoring the regional and international (global) tea industries.
· Continuously assessing the Tea Industry and making recommendation for policy
adjustments to the Planning and Promotion Manager.
· Preparing tea promotion plans and campaigns in consultation with the Planning
and Promotion Manager.
· Facilitating implementation of approved tea promotions plans and campaigns.
· Organizing activities, which promote development of the Tea Industry in
· Undertaking any other duty as may be directed from time to time by the Planning
and Promotion Manager.
1.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Postgraduate Degree either in Agriculture, Food Processing or Process
engineering from recognized institution.
· At least 6 years working practical experience in the agricultural sector handling
planning and promotion issues.
· Knowledge of the Tea Industry.
1.1.3 AGE LIMIT:
· Not less than 30 years of age.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale.
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat.
xv. Dead line for application is 4th April, 2014 at 3:30 p.m