Tumaini University Makumira has received a grant from the European Union for the project “Traditional Music and Dance Preservation and Promotion in Northern Tanzania” and now invites applications for the following position:
IT Director (15 hrs/week) for the new Cultural Arts Centre (CAC).
IT Director Requirements:
1. Open to Tanzanians only. Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili and strong communication skills are required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required.
3. At least 3 years work experience as an IT technician and/or IT consultant. Specific skill areas include system administration, networking, maintenance, and security.
4. Good knowledge of Operating Systems, especially Mac OS, is required.
5. Expert user in the following types of software: spreadsheet, database, video and audio editing. In addition, experience in graphics and website editing will be helpful.
6. Good organisational and time management skills are required.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work environment is required.
8. A Driving License (B, D) and clean driving record is an advantage
Primary job responsibilities:
To coordinate the computer systems and network needs for the Cultural Arts Centre at Makumira, including:
1. Recommend and, after approval, implement the necessary hardware and software, network, maintenance, back-up and security systems for the Cultural Arts Centre.
2. Monitor and maintain the computer systems and network
3. Assist with the creation and maintenance (not data input) of the Filemaker databases required for CAC archive, documentation, and visibility activities.
4.Assist, as time allows, with the editing of video (Final Cut Pro X) and audio (Pro-Tools, Logic X) for CAC activities.
Deadline to apply is 24 October 2014 by 2:00 PM at Tumaini University Makumira, P.O. Box 55, Usa River with a letter of application, CV, and supporting materials (copies of certificates and transcripts, any relevant supporting materials).
Applications should be directed to the Vice-Chancellor and sent by registered mail or courier or hand delivered to the office of the Vice-Chancellor.
Length of Contract: 29 months Interviews: 7 Nov 2014
Start date: immediate
Salary and Benefits commensurate with skills and experience.